History

Sunny Glen Children’s Home began in 1936 by offering residential care to 6 children in a two-story house near La Feria, Texas. During its first year, child placement demand was so great that the home moved to a larger facility in San Juan, Texas, that could house up to 30 children.

In 1945, Sunny Glen purchased an 80 acre tract of land in San Benito, Texas in order to expand its services to more children. Construction began in 1948 and, in 1949, Sunny Glen moved to its present location. Sunny Glen Children’s Home now has five houses capable of comfortably housing 40 children and their House Parents.

In 2005 Sunny Glen undertook a campus revitalization constructing five new and modern homes with the addition a number of new buildings. Sunny Glen is looking to the future with plans for a Out Patient Counseling Center and is constantly looking for new and innovative ways to serve the children and families of the Rio Grande Valley.